Yes, I mean balls. But if I could grow a pair of boobs without growing a baby, I’d be all over that too. And as a side note, yes, I’m happy to take referrals for a good plastic surgeon. Ahem.
But to get back to the matter at hand I’m baring my soul to share with you how much of a big fat chicken I am.
Nicole at moments that define life has prompted us to talk aboutÂ 5 Things I Wish I Had the Guts to Do. Â After my last post, I’m still thinking about my younger days. I think my list, if written 10 years ago, wouldn’t be too different.
1. Snow skiing, mountain biking, driving downhill on a gravel road… all these things send chills down my spine. Â I’ve done them all and never want to again!
2. The next thing…whether that’s a full marathon, a longer triathlon… I can still remember the bone-deep fear I felt at the starting line of my last two events. The high of finishing without crying only takes the edge off so much.
3. Start my own personal training business. I don’t have much in the way of business sense and don’t have any interest in sales but if someone asked me to train them, I would so be on it! (Any excuse to work out, right? And to get paid, oh hell yes!) But to pursue this full time and walk away from a great paying job with a incredibly entertaining boss would take balls of steel.
5. Let go and let Adonis DO WHATEVER HE WANTS TO ME Â AHEMÂ I realize that is more of a trust issue but there is some serious fear of facing who I would be/become. Â Yeah, this is topic that needs its own post….when I get my mojo back.
5. Take more control of my life. I’ve been listening to my standard response to a variety of stresses lately and I sound like a victim. And it makes me sick. So, yes, I’ll take a pair and a spine to go please!
So what about you? What are you afraid to try? Â Sushi? For the record, Â eel scares the hell out of me.