Aaah, Mamakat, we all saw this coming, didn’t we?
Yeah for lists!
Oh…yeah, so this is another prompted post (a girl’s gotta get her inspiration somewhere!) from MamaKat’s pretty much world famous writer’s workshop.
22 things I HAVE done.
Oh, before I start….the last list? Yeah, that wasn’t a To-Do, btw. Let’s just say a big fat EW, shall we?
Okay, so here we go:
1. Rock climbed. In Yosemite, of all the beautiful places.
2. Dropped and gave him twenty….repeatedly. And no Adonis, it wasn’t the “girl’s army.”
3. Fired a grenade launcher. See number 2.
4. Ran a half- marathon. Yeah, gonna do that one again. Cross your fingers for me.
5. Been engaged to someone other than Adonis.
6. Been pregnant with more babies than I now hold in my arms. *NO, DO NOT give me the “Oh, Honeypie, I’m so sorry.” These are just the facts people.
7. Gotten jiggy with it in a public park. MULTIPLE TIMES. Really, are you surprised?
8. Been to the Olympics….where I saw the US Women’s Soccer team play.
9. Met that same incredible team, 4 years later.
10. Partied with an Olympian. …a story for another time, folks.
11. Followed a boyfriend across several states to go to college.
12. Nannyed in New York.
13. Milked a cow.
14. Changed the oil in my car.
15. Made peanut butter cups from scratch. Look out Reeces!
16. Camped and canoed down a river with 12 teenage girls for 5 days without harming one of them.
17. Slept on the beach.
18. Climbed MOST of a Colorado 14′er. Um, don’t know if I’ll get to that again but oh, what the hell, yeah, I’d love to!
19. Skied. Poorly, on both water and snow.
20. Owned cats, dogs, chickens, turtles, frogs, fish and houseplants. Successfully kept alive: most of them.
21. Held snakes, yes, multiple times….without squirming.
22.Â Lost a friend to cancer. WEAR SUNSCREEN PEOPLE! AND FEEL THE GIRLS!
Alrightie, your turn. Come on, surprise me.